Halloween on the WharfEvent Date:
Oct 31, 2021 at 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay
Save the Date for this great destination for all ages on Halloween! Fisherman's Wharf Association will hold its free “Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay” at historic Old Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey, California, on Sunday, October 31st.
At a Glance:
When: Sunday, October 31, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf (GPS to 101 Washington Street, Monterey, CA)
What: Halloween on the Wharf: Trick or Treat By the Bay (free)
· Come in costume and enjoy this free family-friendly event on Halloween. Trick or Treat and receive some Sweet Treats at participating merchants on the Wharf (while supplies last - come early!)
· Carousel Candies will give away its Homemade Orange-Flavored Halloween Salt Water Taffy
· Candy World will feature a Witch for fun photo ops and give away special Halloween candy.
· Wharf Chocolate Factory will give away mixed flavors of Salt Water Taffy
· Halloween DJ with Spooky Halloween Music Favorites from 4 pm - 7 pm
· Enter our special Halloween on the Wharf Costume Contest at 5:00 pm - 6:45 pm and Winners Announced Starting at 6:45 pm -- hosted by David Marzetti and win Cash Prizes.
Costume contest entrants must be present at 6:45 pm to win!
Categories for Cash Prizes:
Under 8 years old - 1st prize $100, 2nd prize $50, 3rd prize $25
Ages 9-21 years old - 1st prize $100, 2nd prize $50, 3rd prize $25
Ages 22 and older - 1st prize $100, 2nd prize $50, 3rd prize $25
Group - 1st prize $100, 2nd prize $50, 3rd prize $25
· AMP will be hosting a free AMPtober costume photo booth on the wharf Halloween evening! Come in your costume, meet your local media nonprofit, and get a great picture to remember Halloween 2021.
· Enjoy a variety of photo ops with other ghoulish Halloween characters roaming the wharf!
· Check out all of the fun Halloween décor along Old Fisherman’s Wharf
· Other Halloween surprises, too. Come out and celebrate this fun holiday on the Wharf!
About Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf
Recently shown in the HBO hit TV series, Big Little Lies, Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf is open 365 days a year including during the holidays (holiday schedule is on the events page on www.montereywharf.com). Visitors to Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf will want to plan their visit to include lunch or dinner at one of the many Wharf restaurants.
About Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf:
Recently shown in the HBO hit TV series, Big Little Lies, Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf is open 365 days a year including during the holidays. Visitors to Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s
A visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula just isn’t complete without a rendezvous with Old Fisherman’s Wharf in downtown Monterey that was built in 1845 for regular passenger and freight service. Known as the “Monterey Bay Whale Watching Capital of the World™” and a top destination of visitors from around the world, Monterey’s Old Fisherman's Wharf provides a wide array of award-winning dining, shopping, special events, theatre, whale watching, bay cruises, a glass bottom boat, marine life, fishing and sailing, and strolling leisurely in a gorgeous setting overlooking the Monterey Bay.
Savor delicious cuisine at a myriad of fabulous restaurants featuring stunning views and award-winning Italian food, sustainable seafood, grass-fed steaks, including the region’s famous clam chowder and calamari. Enjoy salt water taffy, homemade chocolates, caramel apples, cotton candy and many other yummy treats. View sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, dolphins, whales, sea birds and other wildlife “up close and personal” that also share the Wharf. Watch people who have gone out and caught their own fish on the local and chartered fishing boats return with their own “catch of the day”.
Celebrate the first location in Monterey County where tender abalone was cooked and served in a restaurant. Check out the many fun shops to find the perfect memento of your visit and a variety of unique gifts. Enjoy the exquisite views and the “best place to walk and people watch” in Monterey County!
Old Fisherman’s Wharf is conveniently located along the Monterey Bay Recreation Trail and has plenty of nearby parking. Anyone with Monterey County ID (939) can receive 2 hours of free parking in the Fisherman’s Wharf parking lot Monday through Thursday with a validation from a Wharf merchant.
Other upcoming Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf events include Christmas on the Wharf (1st three weekends in December, December 3-19), Valentine’s Day on the Wharf (February 14), Whalefest Monterey (March 18-20, 2022) and many other events in 2022.
For more information about Old Fisherman’s Wharf, go to www.montereywharf.com or call (831) 238-0777.