Old Fisherman's Wharf 176th Birthday PartyEvent Date:
Oct 10, 2021 at 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Save the Date! Fisherman's Wharf Association will sponsor and hold Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf 176th Birthday Party at historic Old Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey, California, on Sunday, October 10, 2021. This special celebration will take place during the Monterey History Fest weekend of activities.
At a Glance:
When: Sunday, October 10, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. during Monterey History Fest
Where: Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf (GPS to 101 Washington Street, Monterey, CA)
What: This free family-friendly event will feature an array of fun activities (subject to change):
• Live entertainment by The Money Band from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
• Master of Ceremonies David Marzetti
• Free prize drawings
• Meet the Mayor: Meet & Greet with City of Monterey Mayor Clyde Roberson at 3:00 p.m. and he will cut the first slice of Wharf Birthday cake at 3:30 pm
• Free Wharf Birthday Cake at the Wharf Tent (front of Abalonetti Bar & Grill) at 3:30 pm
• Meet & Greets with Monterey Police and Fire Department including Fire Engine Display
• Photo Ops with costumed Birthday Princesses
• Mermaid Stilt Walker and a Pirate Stilt Walker for photo ops
• An Amazing Giant Bubble Performer
• Two fabulous Face Painters
• Free one-hour “Wharf Walks” with Fisheries Historian Tim Thomas at 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm starting at the head of the Wharf
• Costumed marine animals roaming the Wharf
• Wharf Birthday Bites for (purchase) offered by many Wharf restaurants and other Wharf Birthday merchandise and ocean activities specials
• A commemoration of the Argentine sailor pirate Hippolyte Bouchard who raided and occupied Monterey in 1818. Come in a pirate or sailor costume and take “selfies” with pirate statues at Pirate’s Cove on the Wharf
About the award-winning The Money Band
The Money Band is a high-energy band, entertaining crowds of all ages! For over fifteen years, they have earned their reputation as ambassadors of top 40 hits, performing for thousands of fans all over California and beyond. Also voted many recent years as Best Band on the Monterey Peninsula in The Carmel Pine Cone, The Monterey Herald, and The Monterey County Weekly! Fronted by charismatic lead vocalist and harmonica player Zoe Alexander, The Money Band performs with a remarkable intensity and fire that garners new fans and critical acclaim.
The Money Band is accompanied with renowned and distinguished musicians, playing every style from country to funk, disco to classic rock, reggae, modern and pop, with songs from the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Michael Jackson, Kid Rock and Bon Jovi. “It’s humbling to know that people associate our songs with some of the most meaningful moments in their lives,” says Zoe Alexander. “We now have a multigenerational fan base and everyone is sure to hear their favorites.” This dynamic and popular band assures to get your party started, with a crowded dance floor all day and night long!