Wharf Birthday PartyEvent Date:
Oct 13, 2019 at 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Save the Date! Fisherman's Wharf Association will sponsor and hold Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf 174th Birthday Celebration at historic Old Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey, California, on Sunday, October 13th. This special celebration will take place during the Monterey’s History Fest weekend of activities.
At a Glance:
When: Sunday, October 13, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf (GPS to 101 Washington Street, Monterey, CA)
What: This free family-friendly event will feature an array of fun activities:
• Live entertainment by The Money Band from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
• Master of Ceremonies David Marzetti
• Free prize drawings
• Meet the Mayor: Meet & Greet with City of Monterey Mayor Clyde Roberson at 3:00 p.m. and he will cut the first slice of Wharf Birthday cake at 3:30 pm
• Free Wharf Birthday Cake at the Wharf Tent (front of Abalonetti Bar & Grill) at 3:30 pm
• Meet & Greets with Monterey Police, Fire and Hidden Heroes
Monterey Fire Boat Demonstration and Tours 3:00 – 3:30 pm at California Dock
• Photo Ops with costumed Birthday Princesses
• Mermaid Stilt Walker and a Pirate Stilt Walker
• An Amazing Giant Bubble Performer
• Two fabulous Face Painters
• Local Book Author Meet and Greets
• Free one-hour “Wharf Walks” with Fisheries Historian Tim Thomas at 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm starting at the head of the Wharf
• Costumed marine animals roaming the Wharf
• Wharf Birthday Bites for (purchase) offered by many Wharf restaurants and other Wharf Birthday merchandise and ocean activities specials
• A commemoration of the Argentine sailor pirate Hippolyte Bouchard who raided and occupied Monterey in 1818. Come in a pirate or sailor costume and take “selfies” with pirate statues at Pirate’s Cove on the Wharf
About the award-winning The Money Band
The Money Band is a high-energy band, entertaining crowds of all ages! For over fifteen years, they have earned their reputation as ambassadors of top 40 hits, performing for thousands of fans all over California and beyond. Also voted many recent years as Best Band on the Monterey Peninsula in The Carmel Pine Cone, The Monterey Herald, and The Monterey County Weekly! Fronted by charismatic lead vocalist and harmonica player Zoe Alexander, The Money Band performs with a remarkable intensity and fire that garners new fans and critical acclaim.
The Money Band is accompanied with renowned and distinguished musicians, playing every style from country to funk, disco to classic rock, reggae, modern and pop, with songs from the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Michael Jackson, Kid Rock and Bon Jovi. “It’s humbling to know that people associate our songs with some of the most meaningful moments in their lives,” says Zoe Alexander. “We now have a multigenerational fan base and everyone is sure to hear their favorites.” This dynamic and popular band assures to get your party started, with a crowded dance floor all day and night long!
Sponsors of the Wharf Birthday Celebration include Monterey State Historic Park, Monterey Herald, KSBW 8 NBC, Central Coast ABC, Estrella TV, KWAV 96.7FM, Sysco, Pepsi, and Save the Whales.
About Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf
Recently shown in the HBO hit TV series, Big Easy Lies, Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf is open 365 days a year including during the holidays (holiday schedule is on the events page on www.montereywharf.com). Visitors to Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf will want to plan their visit to include lunch or dinner at one of the many Wharf restaurants.
A visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula just isn’t complete without a rendezvous with Old Fisherman’s Wharf in downtown Monterey that was built in 1845 for regular passenger and freight service. Known as the “Monterey Bay Whale Watching Capital of the World™” and a top destination of visitors from around the world, Monterey’s Old Fisherman's Wharf provides a wide array of award-winning dining, shopping, special events, theatre, whale watching, bay cruises, a glass bottom boat, marine life, fishing and sailing, and strolling leisurely in a gorgeous setting overlooking the Monterey Bay.
Savor delicious cuisine at a myriad of fabulous restaurants featuring stunning views and award-winning Italian food, sustainable seafood, grass-fed steaks, including the region’s famous clam chowder and calamari. Enjoy salt water taffy, homemade chocolates, caramel apples, cotton candy and many other yummy treats. View sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, dolphins, whales, sea birds and other wildlife “up close and personal” that also share the Wharf. Watch people who have gone out and caught their own fish on the local and chartered fishing boats return with their own “catch of the day”.
Celebrate the first location in Monterey County where tender abalone was cooked and served in a restaurant. Check out the many fun shops to find the perfect memento of your visit and a variety of unique gifts. Enjoy the exquisite views and the “best place to walk and people watch” in Monterey County!
Situated near downtown Monterey, Old Fisherman’s Wharf is conveniently located along the Monterey Bay Recreation Trail and has plenty of nearby parking. Anyone with Monterey County ID (939) can receive 2 hours of free parking in the Fisherman’s Wharf parking lot Monday through Thursday.
For more information about Old Fisherman’s Wharf, go to www.montereywharf.com or call (831) 238-0777.